'Super Sized' Santa Boot

7:11 AM Posted In , , , Edit This 1 Comment »
Hello fellow crafters! I see it's been a while since I have last posted any finished projects. But not to worry, I've been busy! Things are just not getting finished as fast as I would like them to be.

The Holidays are upon us and I know everyone is busy with their Hooks and Needles making those gifts for friends and loved ones. I myself have been a little selfish and have only made something for ME. :) hehehehehe. Well, that's not quite true. I have made 2 more Sunny Day Mobile's for 2 ladies at my Church who are expecting.

But now, I wanted to share my latest finished project. It is my SUPER SIZED Santa Boot from the current issue of Crochet Today. I did not have the recommended Sport Weight yarn so I used WW and the recommended size I hook and this is what I got. It measures 22" tall from the tip of the toe to the top of the cuff. I think it's adorable and looks fantastic on my front door! But I definitely want to make a smaller one with the appropriate yarn size. I fell in love with this immediately after seeing it in the magazine. I have made several patterns from this same Designer and I've loved them all. She's very talented and constructs projects in a very unique way. This is the 3rd project ever using short row shaping. And I love the results.



1 comments:

IamKnitGuy said...

I swear you make the most unique things, I love it! Happy Thanksgiving to you too! J.