Penguin Backpack

8:28 AM Edit This 2 Comments »
It's that time of year again! BACK-TO-SCHOOL! At least here in my city it is anyways. I made this super cute Penguin Backpack from the newest issue of Crochet Today magazine. I so wished I had something like this back in my day. I would have been the coolest kid on the block (and school). This pattern was super easy. The only thing is, there are a lot of parts to assemble and sew on. It took me 3 hours to get it all sewed together. But it was worth it. This is just too adorable! And, it's also the very first project that I've ever installed a zipper in....HAND STITCHED no less! But, that's only because when I went to use my sewing machine I ran the needle down into my thumb nail. ha.ha.ha. Seriously. It wasn't too bad. It only bled a little bit but still hurt like crazy. So I quickly abandoned that idea. I told you all I couldn't sew and that proves it right there! I can't even work the sewing machine correctly. Forget actually sewing with it! :-)

So here's the finished product!!!!!!



2 comments:

Carissa Adams said...

would you ever be consider selling a penguin backpack to a complete penguin enthusiast?

Krystal said...

Hi! Thanks for commenting! :) Sure, I would make you one. Just let me know when your ready for one and I can get started on it.


-Krystal