S'mores!!!

4:02 PM Posted In , , Edit This 2 Comments »
...Well, not really. But that's what I'm naming this project. The colors are Chocolate Brown and White. Which reminds me of S'mores! Which ALSO reminds me.....now I'm hungry with all this S'mores talk.

Have you ever had those weeks where you just feel smarter than others? Well, I've been feeling pretty smart here lately. I've been learning new things that have just failed to stick in my head in the past. For instance, learning to knit in the round. From my last post I excitedly reported that after many failed attempts I had finally learned how to do this.

As of last night I learned 3 different things. 1) How to knit with 2 colors. 2)How to carry my 2nd yarn up my work. 3) How to correct 'Jogs' in my stripes.

The 3rd I had no clue what it even was let alone how to correct them. But after investigating my own stripes I could see what 'Jogs' were. And, that I wasn't too happy about them either. It looked ugly. I'm not a perfectionist by any means, but when I'm working so hard at my knitting and it's taking me forever to do it, I want it done right.

But after watching video's on YouTube I came across this one Jogless Stripes that I loved out of all of them. Even the one by Eunny Jang from Interweave Press still made it look horribly funny and way too noticeable. This one is just perfect. You can hardly tell it at all. I'm super pleased with it. But, I've only done it on 1 row so far because I didn't really notice it until late into the knitting. So for the rest of the knitting I'll continue with how I learned to correct it.


2 comments:

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

Thank you for this info! I was wondering how to do that. :)

Your knitting looks great. Can't wait to see it all finished.

Krystal said...

Your welcome! I had searched and searched for the right video and finally found it. It really is ridiculously easy to do.

And thank you for the compliment! I'm almost finished with the first Mitt. I just have to finish up the Thumb which for some reason always scares me. YIKES!