S'mores are finished!

4:32 PM Posted In , , , , , Edit This 2 Comments »
I just finished up my first pair of Striped Mittens. I do have to say that it was really easy and I was really scared about taking on this project. I had originally planned to do a solid color mitten without the stripes but decided to give it a go and see how I did. Well, I'm pretty darn proud of myself right now. To be honest, I didn't think I could do it. Sad, but true.

In case any of y'all would like to use the same pattern I did, here's the link to it: Mittens For All. It's a free pattern from the Coats and Clark website. I will tell you this....This will definitely be my go-to pattern for Mittens in the future.

These are all washed and dried and ready to present to my Boss tomorrow when I get to work. He already knows he's getting them and has seen the First mitten that was done because I had to make him try it on. To make sure it fits. And it does! Woot! And, he's super excited about getting them too. That's what it's all about for me. I love the response I get from giving a handmade gift to someone who I know will really appreciate it. So, without further ado, I present: S'mores! the Mittens.


2 comments:

knitguyla said...

Love the mittens! I don't know why I don't like knitting socks and mittens, I love wearing them both. I've been drooling over SpillyJane's mittens. They may have to be knit! If you've got the bug for mitts, check 'em out. http://spillyjane.blogspot.com/

Krystal said...

Oh those are awesome J.! I love mittens made like that. There is some on Ravelry with Cats that I seen the other day that I REALLY want to make. But isn't that called Stranding? I've never done anything like that before And I watched a Video on it the other day and that looks to be a little beyond my level right now. But I want to learn how to do that this year. I've put that on my 'To Learn' list. Along with learning to Knit Socks. And thanks for the compliment!