Purple Haze

4:37 PM Posted In , Edit This 0 Comments »
....Isn't that a Jimi Hendrix song? Anywho. This time, there's a project on the hook. I took a break from starting another Knitting project because Knitting seems to make my hands and fingers ache. It's a bummer to have arthritis at 33. *sigh*

So, I'm making an Afghan "Purple Haze". After the Snowflake Afghan I made last year for a charity auction I swore that I wouldn't make another one. At least for a very, very, VERY long time. But, I came across the Spiral Throw by Marilyn Losee (which by the way was the SAME designer of the Fingerless Gloves I just finished). I was scared. I admit it. I consider myself a seasoned Crocheter. There's not too many things that stump me in Crochet. But after the vague instructions (well to me anyways since I'm not a genius at knitting) in certain parts of the Fingerless Glove pattern I was hesitant about doing this throw. But believe it or not, so far this thing is RIDICULOUSLY easy! I mean, seriously. I have a terrible memory and I got the spiral pattern memorized after the 2nd motif. Only bad thing of this is, there's eleventy-billion ends to weave in. So I'm FORCING myself to do them as I complete each Motif. So far, so good. The pattern calls for 98 motifs (24 are done as of today 1/12/11) but I'm only doing them at my leisure. I can make a motif in about 10 minutes. So it really is super easy.

Now, right off the bat, the instructions say: "wrap yarn around finger to form a ring."......WHAT THE?!!!! Okay. Now to me, that can me one of 2 things. Make a Slip Knot or Magic Loop. I mean c'mon?!!! How HARD is it to say "Make a Magic Loop". See what I mean? GAH!!!! It's enough to make me pull my really short spikey hair out (Well only the gray hairs maybe) /Rant.

So, to end the rambling Here's my pic of the first 2 motifs that I made and sewed together. And the colors are White and Purple...Not Blue.. Apparently my camera doesn't like to photograph purple.





And if you'd like to be friends on Ravelry, you can visit me at my page: Crochetferretlvr

0 comments: