Happy Fourth Everyone!

2:26 PM Posted In , Edit This 1 Comment »
I actually have a couple of things to blog about this week! I just celebrated a birthday yesterday and received an awesome present from my wonderful boyfriend! I've had my eye on Knit Picks' Options interchangeable knitting needle set for over a year now. I was so excited to receive them in the mail for my birthday! Of course, I knew I was getting them because he's clueless on anything yarn or yarn related. Don't get me wrong, he encourages me and my hobby but is totally clueless on any of the notions and gadgets and gizmo's I need to get the project completed. So hence me ordering the needles for myself. To see what my present consisted of, go here: Interchangeable Knitting Needles.

Also, my dad took me out to eat! And y'all know me, I love food and CANNOT pass it up. Trust me. It's totally true. While I was at work, my co-worker Julie made me the MOST AWESOMEST Banana Split Ice Cream Cake. Y'all I'm not kidding. IT. WAS. TO. DIE. FOR. Yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!! Needless to say, I had 2 helpings. And they were not small either ;-P

And I finally finished the Seashell Pillow from the current July/August issue of Crochet Today! I.LOVE.THIS.PILLOW. The designer did a fantabulous job on it. Its very cleverly constructed. And so easy! But, me being the terrific, most awesomest sister on the planet, I gifted it to my oldest sister Rhonda. She loves seashells so it was a given. I must admit, it started out as a project for me, myself and I but I knew in my heart I had to give it up. But that just gives me the excuse to make another for myself!! :-)

I just want to say one thing that I did differently on this project. Actually it was a mistake, but a good one! I actually 'killed' the acrylic yarn. I think that's the correct term they use. I spread it out on my ironing board and laid a thin bandana on top so the iron did not touch the acrylic directly and steamed iron the piece flat. It set the stitches and made it so soft and pliable. Before, it was all stiff (which acrylic tends to be) and curled up so badly it was horrific. This made the entire thing so soft and lay down flat. I would recommend doing it. Just wanted to throw that out there.

So I'll close with the pic of the pillow and I want to wish everyone a safe and happy Independence Day!


Hpim0629

1 comments:

Jasmine's Mommy said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!! SO SORRY I MISSED IT. SOUNDS LIKE YOU HAD A GREAT BIRTHDAY. HOPE YOUR ENJOYING YOUR NEW KNIT PICKS NEEDLE, I LOVE THEM!!! :) :) :)