Neapolitan Chic Ripple Cardi

5:06 PM Posted In , Edit This 2 Comments »
Good evening everyone! I'm hoping y'all are having a fantabulous Friday! Me personally, I didn't think it was ever gonna get here. This has been one looooooooooong week!

For almost the last month, I've been working on this Cardi By Lisa Gentry. And y'all, I just can't believe how well this turned out for me. Honestly. I'm amazed. You see, everytime I tend to make a wearable it just doesn't turn out quite right in the fit department. I really had to suck my gut in so my tummy didn't stick out in the pic! LOL Don't you dare laugh! I'm trying to lose the weight, but its just not coming out that quickly. But hey, I did lose 3 lbs already, so I'm tickled about that.

Anywho....back to the project. I bought the yarn that I used for this project about 2 years ago maybe? Online at Joann.com. It was intended for another Patricia Pepe skirt I was working on which totally didn't look right in this particular yarn. I used a too big hook and it draped horribly. Hung like a sack around my legs let me tell you. No shape at all. So, I had bought the pattern book months ago at my local Hobby Lobby and decided that I really should use that pattern book and so I ripped the yarn out of the skirt and re-used it on this Cardi. And i'm glad I did. The fit and drape is awesome. I.LOVE.IT.

Also, I didn't know that the Bernat Cool Crochet yarn which I used for this was discontinued until just now when I googled it to get the website to link on this post for others to see the yarn brand. Rut-Roh. I'm glad I had bought 8 balls of this stuff for that skirt. Its a nice yarn to use and has a great shine to it.

Hpim0614

Hpim0617

2 comments:

knitguyla said...

Outstanding as always and best of all the picture link took me to all of your photos. You've made some amazing things before I found your blog!! Love the peace motif you had going on there...groovy girl. Just teasing, the cardi is beautiful and you look great in it! Why can't I finish anything? Oh yeah, I'm constantly on the Internet.

Jasmine's Mommy said...

Great Cardi. Great color choice, as usual. It's such a perfect fit!