Starfish Washcloth

7:14 PM Edit This 2 Comments »
Can you tell i'm into the washcloth craze?! I love them!! And plus, I have all this cotton yarn I gotta do something with. I'm not experienced enough in the knitted wearables department to make a nice cardigan for spring, so until I get to that stage, I'm making myself washcloths.

I've not as of yet actually used any that I've made. *LOL* I make it sound like I've made thousand when in reality its only been 3 (including this one). So, I have NO IDEA how this cotton is going to hold up.

You know, I personally don't like using Peaches and Cream yarn. I made a Summer Top from It about 2 years ago and although I LOVED the top, the yarn pilled something awful and it GREW so long it sagged in the back of the neck. I was so mad that I only got to wear it once! Plus, its too heavy in gauge for a top anyhow in my opinion. So, lessoned learned.

Now, for the I Love This Cotton yarn....well, the name says it all for me. Because I truly do. I think its a great cotton! Its got a great sheen to it. If you haven't tried it yet, give it a whirl. If I was a betting person, I'd bet you'd like it too!

I learned how to add a new color in! This is the first time I've never done this in knitting. And you know what? I don't think it turned out too bad. I need more practice at it for sure!

Anywho, onto the pic!

Yarn: I Love This Cotton
Pattern: Starfish Cloth
Needle: Size 4 Boye Straights
Craft Time: Around 2 1/2 to 3 hrs total I'd guess for me (I didnt' work on it solid)


2 comments:

Riohnna said...

Wow, that yarn sure does look yummy! Great cloth there!

Kristin Nohe said...

Wow that such an awesome washcloth!!! Do you sell them anywhere? I may be interested in buying one or two. :)

Kristin
(kuhnowee on swapbot)