A good day off from work

2:23 PM Posted In , Edit This 7 Comments »
Today was another day off from work for me and I enjoyed myself immensely! Dennis, Dad and myself took a little trip today over to Hobby Lobby in Morristown and I got myself 2 skeins of Patons Kroy Sock yarn in Cyan Stripes and 2 skeins of ILTC in Springtime Ombre. Love these colors they're starting to come out with for Spring! So bright and cheerful! There were tons of other colors I wanted to get really bad but I guess that will have to wait until another time. I really couldn't afford these, but I just couldn't help myself. *sigh*




Oooooh take a gander at my bell pepper sprouts! They sprouted after only 5 days of planting! I meant to take a pic sooner, but I finally remembered today to do it! I'm going to have lots and lots of pepper if I can get them to live after I transplant them to a bigger container!




It turned out to be quite nice here today! Although the breeze made it a little bit chilly at times. I think the rest of the week is calling for rain. But we'll see.

Hope everyone had a Happy Monday!

7 comments:

Riohnna said...

Wow, after only 5 days! And none of the seess we have put out have sprouted. Crud! I love the yarns, the colors are amazing. I had no idea there was a Hobby Lobby in Morristown!

nicki said...

oooooh, what a lovely colour....do you make socks? I'm quite new at crochet and only learnt so i could make flowers! Nicki (from swap-bot!)

judith said...

I'm so envious of crocheters. I have no idea how to crochet and find it impossible to learn from books!

I was reading in Craft magazine about crocheted washcloths (this scrubby circular pad) that does dishes without soap due to the acrylic microfibers. But you can add some soap to crack down on grease. Very cool stuff.

Good luck on your Hey Teach cardigan! I also really like your plants. :)

(PS - this is dearlybeloved from swapbot. :D)

Brooke Everett of be in red said...

It's so nice to find a crafty blogger in my neck of the woods! You've inspired me to start some veggies in a container garden. Good luck with all your fiber arts.
~beinred (from swapbot)

heldasland said...

how wonderful to have found your blog I love your projects. I'm going to try my hand at growing veg this year. Good luck I'll be back to watch veggies progress.I'm from swap bot seygirl.

knitguyla said...

Does it count if I grow my veggies in my AeroGarden? Another trip to HL, you're building quite a stash!

teresamatz said...

good luck with the veggies! I wish I had a green house, I can't wait to get gardening!
waiting for your crafty goodness!
tmatz@swapbot