Encouragement for Hey Teach

11:56 AM Edit This 9 Comments »
Ok guys and gals....Remember the last post when I said I would need lots of encouragement and cheering on?! Well, the time has come. I need to call in that favor. I'm again at the place where I screwed up on the Hey Teach Cardigan. I'm starting the decreases for the armholes and I'm again confused if not more so than the last time.

The pattern says the each Yarn Over is paired with a Decrease within the lace pattern. And when decreasing for the armholes and the neckline if there are not enough stitches to keep the lace pattern correct do not do a YO....wtf?! How am I supposed to know this?!! Apparently I'm going to have to re-chart the lace pattern as someone on Ravelry told me they had done.

Since I'm new to all this stuff, I'm completely bumfuzzled and have NO IDEA how i'm going to accomplish this. If anybody reading as done this cardigan....H.E.L.P.!!!! How did you do it?! I'm making the Medium size. Can I borrow your notes or chart if you have re-charted?!

I hate to sound like a whiner, but.....(insert whiney voice here) I'm confuuuuuuused. Now, can I have some cheese with that whine too?! ...Just sayin'...

Anywho, now that I've whined for a bit, here is another pic of what I've done so far.

9 comments:

Riohnna said...

Wow. it looks nice so far. I really wish I could help you. HUGGZZZ!!!

Jasmine's Mommy said...

Hi,
It looks really good so far. If there's not enough stitches to do a whole set of pattern, then don't do the yo. Yo is adding a stitch where previous you did a K2together or P2together (for a decrease)! Hope that makes sense. Good luck it's going to be beautiful when your done! ;)

Share said...

Wish I could help you too! I haven't gotten past swatching yet myself. LOL

It's looking great so far though! Go Go GO!!!! :D

Share said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Share said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Share said...

OK, don't know what just happened with it posting my comment 3 times. LOL Just more cheers for you! ;)

Krystal said...

LOL...Ty Share! I need all the encouragement I can get. I'm already pulling my hair out again. I'm about to go bald!

Sarah at Advancing the Plot said...

I am going to be watching your progress, maybe you will inspire me to frog (gulp) and start all over again. I love the color of your yarn.

Sarah (from Ravelry)

Lillybell said...

ive just started on this cardigan. please let me know if there are any extra little bits i need to know ! your part finished cardi looks very nice xx